By Henry Ott

• Publisher:   Wiley
  • Number Of Pages:   872
  • Publication Date:   2009-08-24
  • ISBN-10 / ASIN:   0470189304
  • ISBN-13 / EAN:   9780470189306

Product Description:
Praise for Noise Reduction Techniques IN electronic systems
"Henry Ott has literally 'written the book' on the subject of EMC. . . . He not only knows the subject, but has the rare ability to communicate that knowledge to others."
—EE Times
Electromagnetic Compatibility Engineering is a completely revised, expanded, and updated version of Henry Ott's popular book Noise Reduction Techniques in Electronic Systems. It reflects the most recent developments in the field of electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) and noise reduction¿and their practical applications to the design of Analog and digital circuits in computer, home entertainment, medical, telecom, industrial process control, and automotive equipment, as well as military and aerospace systems.
While maintaining and updating the core information—such as cabling, grounding, filtering, shielding, digital circuit grounding and layout, and ESD—that made the previous book such a wide success, this new book includes additional coverage of:
  • Equipment/systems grounding
  • Switching power supplies and variable-speed motor drives
  • Digital circuit power distribution and decoupling
  • PCB layout and stack-up
  • Mixed-signal PCB layout
  • RF and transient immunity
  • Power line disturbances
  • Precompliance EMC measurements
  • New appendices on dipole antennae, the theory of partial inductance, and the ten most common EMC problems
The concepts presented are applicable to analog and digital circuits operating from below audio frequencies to those in the GHz range. Throughout the book, an emphasis is placed on cost-effective EMC designs, with the amount and complexity of mathematics kept to the strictest minimum.
Complemented with over 250 problems with answers, Electromagnetic Compatibility Engineering equips readers with the knowledge needed to design electronic equipment that is compatible with the electromagnetic environment and compliant with national and international EMC regulations. It is an essential resource for practicing engineers who face EMC and regulatory compliance issues and an ideal textbook for EE courses at the advanced undergraduate and graduate levels.

Summary: 3rd edition of a classic
Rating: 5
This book is essentially an updated, expanded and retitled 3rd edition of Noise Reduction Techniques in Electronic Systems. It fills a valuable niche and is packed with useful tips and insights that are hard to find elsewhere, from cabling, connectors, shields, enclosures and optimal PCB layout. Less theoretical than Clayton Paul's book, it complements it well. It has helped me with reducing noise in low-level analog signal measurements in noisy environments.

A bit more than double the length of the 2nd edition, I've noticed few typos, the illustrations are clear and well-produced, and the binding is holding together well so far.

Summary: Henry Ott's new book on EMC is an instant classic
Henry Ott is a rare talent in EMC. Equally excellent as a designer, researcher, troubleshooter, writer and educator. His new book on EMC Engineering (a complete remake of the Noise Reduction Techniques for Electronic Equipment 2nd Edition) is a "near work of art" in depth of coverage and clear and concise presentation. Readers at any level of capability can be greatly rewarded by perusing this book. Henry does an excellent job of providing quality references whereby derivations can be justified. Many figures are provided such that the visual concept can be readily grasped. Several figures are eloquent compilations of mutifaceted information presented in a manner that it is obvious much time and thought went into how to develop such a figure. EMC is investigated from many perspectives such as digital, analog, signal integrity, parasitics, reactance, power, grounding, protection, cabling, antennas, self contained unit or distributed systems, sinusodals to square waves, and on and on. It is a complete work leaving little undone. For the brave, there are numerous practice exercises at the end of each chapter. Several appendices delve further into niche items. The one on inductance is quite well done and the best I have seen to date on the subject. I especially like how Henry has "bellied up to the bar" and inserted first person on certain items he feels very strongly about. I have a reasonable library on EMC and many of them I consider valuable contibutions to the discipline. But if I had to utilize only one resource at this time, it would be Henry's new book. Bravo to Henry and Wiley for a great contribution to the EMC discipline.

Summary: Excellent book
Rating: 4
Very good book, with little equations and down to Earth comments about issues EMC. Problem is that the book is from 1988 and all the initial discussion about FCC regulations is a bit outdated. Nevertheless it is a very good reference and I am glad I have it. Btw, I bought mine through one of Amazon's resellers so I dont have the pretty cover. I am not done reading it all but I am almost 1/2 way in and the material is very good.

Summary: Review of Electromagnetic Compatibility Engineering
This is an excellent book if you are a little weak on the subject of electromagnetic compatibility engineering and don't want to spend countless hours doing the research and analysis on your own. I found the material to be concise, easy to read, and easy to understand AND It's full of real life practical examples that can be put to use right away. This book has become the number one book in my EMC library.

Summary: Imprescindible
If you are a beginner or work in the EMC field, is the best book to start with. Many of other books have it as a reference. There is a new book from Mr Ott (2009) but I still haven't read it, in any case this one is a classic that is worth buying.

Electromagnetic Compatibility Engineering.part1.rar

4.77 MB, 下载次数: 1208 , 下载积分: 资产 -3 信元, 下载支出 3 信元

Electromagnetic Compatibility Engineering.part2.rar

4.77 MB, 下载次数: 1130 , 下载积分: 资产 -3 信元, 下载支出 3 信元

Electromagnetic Compatibility Engineering.part3.rar

4.77 MB, 下载次数: 1189 , 下载积分: 资产 -3 信元, 下载支出 3 信元

Electromagnetic Compatibility Engineering.part4.rar

2.95 MB, 下载次数: 1141 , 下载积分: 资产 -2 信元, 下载支出 2 信元

发表于 2009-10-17 21:35:06 | 显示全部楼层
pls upload,3q
发表于 2009-10-18 00:14:48 | 显示全部楼层
hao.xiexie
发表于 2009-10-18 01:35:22 | 显示全部楼层
classic, thanks,
发表于 2009-10-18 01:36:35 | 显示全部楼层
路过看看
发表于 2009-10-18 01:37:32 | 显示全部楼层
up, up
发表于 2009-10-18 01:39:05 | 显示全部楼层
up, up
发表于 2009-10-18 02:57:11 | 显示全部楼层
发表于 2009-10-18 05:48:30 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢啦!!!!!!!!
发表于 2009-10-18 17:01:03 | 显示全部楼层
High Efficiency RF and Microwave Solid State Power Amplifiers
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐 上一条 /2 下一条

小黑屋| 关于我们| 联系我们| 在线咨询| 隐私声明| EETOP 创芯网
( 京ICP备:10050787号 京公网安备:11010502037710 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 06:20 , Processed in 0.059541 second(s), 9 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

eetop公众号 创芯大讲堂 创芯人才网
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表